Day 39, Monday, April 20: Today I just ate bread, apple sauce, chicken noodle soup, and then some scrambled eggs with spinach and potatoes in a tortilla for dinner. My abdomen feels sore, but I felt ok enough to go on a couple of medium walks with Drummer. More people seem to be outside lately now that the weather is nicer. I saw some other people walking and running, people just out on their porches, and several people riding bikes.
The whole morning I got caught up on Dr. P's class. Yay! I went through all the lecture notes he'd posted. I was on Zoom for students who may want to ask questions, but as has been normal on Mondays, no one showed up. I also finished my test for Dr. S's class that isn't due till Thursday. That's good because tomorrow I can start on the last homework assignment that's due next Thursday, which is also the day both of my final exams will become available.
Day 40, Tuesday, April 21: I slept later than I wanted to today because my sleep was interrupted last night. After waking up and eating something, I generally feel better (though not 100%), so I hope that continues.
There are still around 40-something Covid-19 patients at Mick's hospital. Lately they've been placing him to work on regular floors. Those floors are taking patients they wouldn't normally take because of the restructuring of the hospital to accommodate Covid-19 patients. One day he was teamed with another nurse who didn't normally take care of cardiac patients so that he could help her with anything she wasn't sure about. My neighbor who usually works as a surgical nurse in another hospital has been asked to work on regular floors of her hospital at least once since there are less surgeries now and other floors need help.
Day 41, Wednesday, April 22: I met a neighbor down the street, K. She has two dogs, and one of them is like a young girl version of Drummer. They look a lot alike, she has just a bit more red in her fur and is a little bit smaller. Their ears, face, tail, and body-build are very similar though. K is basically out of work during this time because she has a catering business. I see her and her dog(s) in her yard sometimes when I take Drummer on a walk.
There is another guy down the street in the other direction who likes to sit on his porch with his laptop and blast music. His dog lays in the front yard below the porch, just watching everything that goes by. So far he doesn't get up at all just looks intently.
Day 42, Thursday, April 23: Mick finished the last paper for his BSN degree! He is done with college classes forever!! We decided to order specially from a restaurant he likes on Saturday. He has to work tomorrow.
We finished watching Star Trek Voyager after watching that for a few months now. We watch Monk every now and then; we're on season 7 now. But now we started watching Picard! So excited. I love it. I know Seven of Nine is in it somewhere, so I'm excited for that. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Day 43, Friday, April 24: I helped a student on Zoom for a bit who was stuck on some assignments. This weekend I will grade the last assignments I need to grade for the semester!
I went to the grocery store today. Things seem better stocked. They were out of broccoli, but then somewhere else in the store, I saw an employee with boxes of broccoli on a cart, so I went back and got the broccoli before leaving the store. They have lines of tape extending out the front door of the store as if they would ask people to line up and wait until there are only a certain amount of people in the store before letting more in, but they weren't doing that. I wonder why not. There certainly seemed to be quite a few people inside the store. I was able to stay mostly 6 feet from people this time, but last time it was definitely impossible.
I finished the third color on the cross-stitch project! 43 more to go... :)
I made chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips for Mick for when he comes home from work, to celebrate. SOOOO yummy.
Day 44, Saturday, April 25: As of yesterday there are 36 patients in Mick's hospital that have been tested for Covid-19 and either tested positive or are waiting for results. I learned a few days ago they discharged their 100th patient who had been in the hospital for Covid-19, so they celebrated that.
We talked to some other friends in a video chat this morning, which was a nice change of pace.
We're about halfway through Picard. Seven of Nine is not the Seven of Nine I would've hoped for. Maybe she's only in those couple of episodes too, which is too bad.
Day 45, Sunday, April 26: The weather is beautiful today! We went on a long walk in Forest Park. We even saw some birds that were special, I think a couple of herons in the water, a red-winged blackbird, and some shiny blackish-blue birds. It was too bad I didn't have the longer lens for my camera with me. I was only thinking about flowers when we left the house. I'll have to go over there another day when Mick is working, or we can go together again sometime.
We watched more of Picard, and we played Ticket to Ride Europe. I'm feeling a lot better so far, so that is great.
The whole morning I got caught up on Dr. P's class. Yay! I went through all the lecture notes he'd posted. I was on Zoom for students who may want to ask questions, but as has been normal on Mondays, no one showed up. I also finished my test for Dr. S's class that isn't due till Thursday. That's good because tomorrow I can start on the last homework assignment that's due next Thursday, which is also the day both of my final exams will become available.
Day 40, Tuesday, April 21: I slept later than I wanted to today because my sleep was interrupted last night. After waking up and eating something, I generally feel better (though not 100%), so I hope that continues.
There are still around 40-something Covid-19 patients at Mick's hospital. Lately they've been placing him to work on regular floors. Those floors are taking patients they wouldn't normally take because of the restructuring of the hospital to accommodate Covid-19 patients. One day he was teamed with another nurse who didn't normally take care of cardiac patients so that he could help her with anything she wasn't sure about. My neighbor who usually works as a surgical nurse in another hospital has been asked to work on regular floors of her hospital at least once since there are less surgeries now and other floors need help.
Day 41, Wednesday, April 22: I met a neighbor down the street, K. She has two dogs, and one of them is like a young girl version of Drummer. They look a lot alike, she has just a bit more red in her fur and is a little bit smaller. Their ears, face, tail, and body-build are very similar though. K is basically out of work during this time because she has a catering business. I see her and her dog(s) in her yard sometimes when I take Drummer on a walk.
There is another guy down the street in the other direction who likes to sit on his porch with his laptop and blast music. His dog lays in the front yard below the porch, just watching everything that goes by. So far he doesn't get up at all just looks intently.
Day 42, Thursday, April 23: Mick finished the last paper for his BSN degree! He is done with college classes forever!! We decided to order specially from a restaurant he likes on Saturday. He has to work tomorrow.
We finished watching Star Trek Voyager after watching that for a few months now. We watch Monk every now and then; we're on season 7 now. But now we started watching Picard! So excited. I love it. I know Seven of Nine is in it somewhere, so I'm excited for that. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Day 43, Friday, April 24: I helped a student on Zoom for a bit who was stuck on some assignments. This weekend I will grade the last assignments I need to grade for the semester!
I went to the grocery store today. Things seem better stocked. They were out of broccoli, but then somewhere else in the store, I saw an employee with boxes of broccoli on a cart, so I went back and got the broccoli before leaving the store. They have lines of tape extending out the front door of the store as if they would ask people to line up and wait until there are only a certain amount of people in the store before letting more in, but they weren't doing that. I wonder why not. There certainly seemed to be quite a few people inside the store. I was able to stay mostly 6 feet from people this time, but last time it was definitely impossible.
I finished the third color on the cross-stitch project! 43 more to go... :)
I made chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips for Mick for when he comes home from work, to celebrate. SOOOO yummy.
Day 44, Saturday, April 25: As of yesterday there are 36 patients in Mick's hospital that have been tested for Covid-19 and either tested positive or are waiting for results. I learned a few days ago they discharged their 100th patient who had been in the hospital for Covid-19, so they celebrated that.
We talked to some other friends in a video chat this morning, which was a nice change of pace.
We're about halfway through Picard. Seven of Nine is not the Seven of Nine I would've hoped for. Maybe she's only in those couple of episodes too, which is too bad.
Day 45, Sunday, April 26: The weather is beautiful today! We went on a long walk in Forest Park. We even saw some birds that were special, I think a couple of herons in the water, a red-winged blackbird, and some shiny blackish-blue birds. It was too bad I didn't have the longer lens for my camera with me. I was only thinking about flowers when we left the house. I'll have to go over there another day when Mick is working, or we can go together again sometime.
We watched more of Picard, and we played Ticket to Ride Europe. I'm feeling a lot better so far, so that is great.
No comments:
Post a Comment