Day 32, Monday, April 13: Finished a homework assignment for Dr. S's class.
No students came to my online office hours today.
It was pretty cold and windy so we only went on a short walk. I definitely want to be outside more / get more exercise. I wish so much I could go to the zoo. I'm starting to get tired of walking around the same places. When it's a bit warmer, I think I'll need to drive into Forest Park and walk in some different places.
Mick made pork chops with couscous and zucchini for dinner. It was quite good.
Day 33, April 14: I finally mailed Illinois state tax forms. I don't know if they were really supposed to be mailed by tomorrow or not because the federal tax deadline was postponed. But it's done anyway. They forced me to mail it instead of filing online since it was the first time I've had to file state taxes in Illinois, from working there.
I have a take home test for Dr. S's class starting today that's due next week Thursday.
I'm super behind on going over the lecture notes Dr. P has sent out, but I can start looking at that tomorrow now that we're basically done with all lecture notes for Dr. S's class; just finishing the test, last homework assignment, and final exam is left! I haven't heard what I got on Dr. P's test yet.
Day 34, April 15: We went on a walk around noon even though it was cold and windy.
Several students actually came to the Zoom sessions today! So I spent a lot of the morning helping people, but got to go over some of Dr. P's lecture notes too.
It was great to meet with our community group tonight. I miss them.
Day 35, April 16: Mick is working today. I have my LAST Zoom class meeting with Dr. S. The rest of the semester is finishing the take home test, the last homework assignment, and then taking the final exam.
Day 36, Friday, April 17: I'm confused how some of my students still don't understand when the regularly scheduled Zoom meetings are and try to randomly meet me on Zoom at other times. I guess a lot of information has been given out to them and they can't be expected to remember/comprehend all of it. The university did send out way too many emails especially the first week or two all this was happening.
I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls! So delicious.
Day 37, Saturday, April 18: I finished most of the test for Dr. S's class. There's one problem I'm stuck on. Another one I don't really know if I did what it asked, but I'm just going to leave it.
We made crepes for dinner. So delicious. I ate too much. The dinner crepe we put tomatoes, potatoes, cheese, spinach, ground beef, and mushrooms. Then we had a dessert crepe of bananas, melted chocolate chips, and a little bit of pear.
Day 38, Sunday, April 19: I couldn't sleep most of last night because of intestinal/stomach issues. Sigh. I tried to just eat really basic things today and feel partly better. Maybe I just ate too much last night because it was so so delicious.
Mick moved everything off our porch because the landlord is having all the porches power washed tomorrow.
We played Codenames online again this evening with Charis and Isaac. That was a fun change of pace. Isaac knows of a website that lets you play other games online and he found Sushi Go and Carcassonne on it, so the plan is to try one of those another time.
No students came to my online office hours today.
It was pretty cold and windy so we only went on a short walk. I definitely want to be outside more / get more exercise. I wish so much I could go to the zoo. I'm starting to get tired of walking around the same places. When it's a bit warmer, I think I'll need to drive into Forest Park and walk in some different places.
Mick made pork chops with couscous and zucchini for dinner. It was quite good.
Day 33, April 14: I finally mailed Illinois state tax forms. I don't know if they were really supposed to be mailed by tomorrow or not because the federal tax deadline was postponed. But it's done anyway. They forced me to mail it instead of filing online since it was the first time I've had to file state taxes in Illinois, from working there.
I have a take home test for Dr. S's class starting today that's due next week Thursday.
I'm super behind on going over the lecture notes Dr. P has sent out, but I can start looking at that tomorrow now that we're basically done with all lecture notes for Dr. S's class; just finishing the test, last homework assignment, and final exam is left! I haven't heard what I got on Dr. P's test yet.
Day 34, April 15: We went on a walk around noon even though it was cold and windy.
Several students actually came to the Zoom sessions today! So I spent a lot of the morning helping people, but got to go over some of Dr. P's lecture notes too.
It was great to meet with our community group tonight. I miss them.
Day 35, April 16: Mick is working today. I have my LAST Zoom class meeting with Dr. S. The rest of the semester is finishing the take home test, the last homework assignment, and then taking the final exam.
Day 36, Friday, April 17: I'm confused how some of my students still don't understand when the regularly scheduled Zoom meetings are and try to randomly meet me on Zoom at other times. I guess a lot of information has been given out to them and they can't be expected to remember/comprehend all of it. The university did send out way too many emails especially the first week or two all this was happening.
I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls! So delicious.
Day 37, Saturday, April 18: I finished most of the test for Dr. S's class. There's one problem I'm stuck on. Another one I don't really know if I did what it asked, but I'm just going to leave it.
We made crepes for dinner. So delicious. I ate too much. The dinner crepe we put tomatoes, potatoes, cheese, spinach, ground beef, and mushrooms. Then we had a dessert crepe of bananas, melted chocolate chips, and a little bit of pear.
Day 38, Sunday, April 19: I couldn't sleep most of last night because of intestinal/stomach issues. Sigh. I tried to just eat really basic things today and feel partly better. Maybe I just ate too much last night because it was so so delicious.
Mick moved everything off our porch because the landlord is having all the porches power washed tomorrow.
We played Codenames online again this evening with Charis and Isaac. That was a fun change of pace. Isaac knows of a website that lets you play other games online and he found Sushi Go and Carcassonne on it, so the plan is to try one of those another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment