wondering if any of you reading this have any recommendations of books that you really like! any kind of book... whatever books you've read before that you thought were really good. thanks!
Right now I'm reading Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It's a quick read (or maybe I'm reading it fast 'cos it's good) and I've already had at least three people see me reading it and say it's good. I've also got a stack of books I read in high school and enjoyed and am now re-reading, like Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison and Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Ooh, I read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and enjoyed it. I also like Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult (another one I read fast 'cos I really liked it). And I bought The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards but haven't read it yet. Hope that helps! :) Stacey
The Help by Kathryn Stockett is what I just finished, it's a great one about black nannies in the south raising white families. Always recommend Chaim Potok and Khaled Hosseini!
Hmmm... most of my reading has been work related. Other than that, I have recently read the first two books in C.S. Lewis's space triology, but I think you've already read them because if I remember correctly, you recommended them to me. I'll get back to you if I think of any.
Right now I'm reading Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It's a quick read (or maybe I'm reading it fast 'cos it's good) and I've already had at least three people see me reading it and say it's good. I've also got a stack of books I read in high school and enjoyed and am now re-reading, like Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison and Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Ooh, I read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and enjoyed it. I also like Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult (another one I read fast 'cos I really liked it). And I bought The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards but haven't read it yet. Hope that helps! :)
ReplyDeleteStacey
I'm reading Big God by my pastor Britt Merrick. It's basically a collection of sermons he did on Hebrews 11.
ReplyDeleteThe Help by Kathryn Stockett is what I just finished, it's a great one about black nannies in the south raising white families. Always recommend Chaim Potok and Khaled Hosseini!
ReplyDeleteHmmm... most of my reading has been work related. Other than that, I have recently read the first two books in C.S. Lewis's space triology, but I think you've already read them because if I remember correctly, you recommended them to me. I'll get back to you if I think of any.
ReplyDeleteLianne