Saturday, April 23, 2011

countdowns

i guess it's the time of the year for countdowns.

go to xi'an: 13 days
go to japan: 42 days
go to california: 56 days
go to santa barbara: 82 days
go to michigan: 87 days
come back to china: 102 days

and then what? i don't know, because things will be quite different after all of that, for a variety of reasons.

weird. time is a weird thing. change is also weird. sometimes i think i get more than my fair share. that things change, that always stays the same.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a countdown going, too:
    Black belt pre-test results: 3 days
    Black belt test: 3 weeks
    Black belt show: 6 weeks
    Official black belt received: 6 months

    My life has changed since I started training, and I'm sure my life is going to change again when it's done. I'm curious to see how the person I've become since training has started will meld with the person I'll be when I'm not having to eat, sleep, and breathe karate. Good times! :)
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete